Summer Watering Rules
May 1 - October 1
You will find our watering rules are the same as last year, following the
Denver Water's Summer Watering Rules
Customers must follow these annual watering rules:
- Do not water lawns between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Water no more than three days per week, no assigned days.
- Do not allow water to pool in gutters, streets and alleys.
- Do not waste water by letting it spray on concrete and asphalt.
- Repair leaking sprinkler systems within 10 days.
- Do not water while it is raining or during high winds.
- Use a hose nozzle with a shut-off valve when washing your car.
Tips to save water:
- Use a day of rain to skip a day of water
- Use the third day of watering to water only dry areas
- Water a few minutes less per zone
Irrigation of Trees and Shrubs
- Trees and Shrubs can be watered as needed, but not between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Irrigation of Annuals and Vegetables
- Annuals and Vegetables may be watered as needed, but ask that you not water them between
10 a.m. and 6 p.m., when spray irrigation is susceptible to evaporation.
Click here to look at Denver Water's Landscaping ideas !
Rules for Watering new seed and sod:
Please notify Wheat Ridge Water of your intention to plant new seed or sod, so we may notate in your account. You may need to notify Denver to be granted an exemption.
- Customers with new seed or sod may water new grass as necessary, for up to 21 days
- After 21 days, routine watering is limited to no more than 3 days a week and not between the hours of 10 am to 6 pm.